Wednesday, 8 October 2025

WOYWW 853

Wednesday again!  I think there is more than one in a week.

What's the week been like for you?  Hops it was a good one.  The weather up here has been quite mild with warmish days for October.  How's it been further down the country?

Well I still haven't been doing much myself as I have to keep those darned legs raised from the ground still.  Makes it rather difficult to do much crafting so unless I manage to get something stamped ready to colour in there is nothing I can do.  The DN's brought me something to use in bed to keep my heels elevated so that there is less chance of my getting bedsores on them as I have got a burning sensation in both heels.  I did finish the cards I had on my desk last week.

My latest purchase to Ann & Val
and a Get Well Card (below) to our neighbour


Sorry about the white card, I was trimming it on the scan and went a bit too far on some sides.  My hand got a twitch and there was nothing I could do about it.

Well, nothing on the table this week, quite tidy for once.  We will have to see if we can mess it up a bit for next time for you.  

Seeing the nurse dealing with my oedema on Thursday so hopefully will start to get somewhere.  She will also hopefully  give me some antibiotics for my chest, I hope, as I am wheezing like an old pair of bellows.  She is brilliant but has been on holiday for two weeks and then it took me a week. to get an appointment with her, shows how popular she is.  Oh, and I may be late commenting today as I am seeing the chiropractor as my back has gone.   Guess it's cheerio for now until later today when we meet at Sarah's Craft Shed.

12 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, Neet you have been in the wars! hope the nurse can help , but you could have done without such a long wait to see her! Well done on finishing the cards, at least you got something done! It has been quite good down here, had some sun at Kew as you saw! Helen #3

BJ said...

Down south, pretty warm for October, windows still wide open at night for me although hubby has the heating on elsewhere in the house so it is like the tropics for me leaving my room! Super cards and hope the nurse gets you sorted. Hugs BJ#5

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I really hope you get in to see the lovely nurse, getting someone who is sympathetic makes such a difference doesn’t it? There’s one doctor at my practise who treats everyone like malingerers even if their leg is hanging off! I try to avoid her at all costs. The cards are lovely and I hope the colouring in helps scratch your crafting itch.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Paul B said...

Crikey not your back going too!!! Not what you need right now. Hope the chiropractor can alleviate it for you. No need to tell you what the weather is like here as it's same as yours lol. wonderful and mild. Adore the two cards, those lovely autumnal warm colours in the first and the striking composition of the tree silhouette against that beautiful blue background. Sending hugs xxxxxxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Neet it's good to see you keeping up with the crafting and the results look great. The more positive you are the more chance you have of getting better and I know you will. Happy woyww with hugs Angela x11x

Lynnecrafts said...

So sorry to hear about your leg, back and lung problems but I’m glad you’re finally seeing the DN. I would recommend an air physio device to clear your pipes. (I bought this one https://amzn.eu/d/9N7QwHJ). You could ask your nurse if she’d recommend it though you can’t get one on the NHS. It makes you cough but stops the gunk staying in your lungs and causing a chest infection. Your cards are lovely and I hope you can do more crafting soon. You can crochet with your feet up *grin*
Happy WOYWW
Gentle hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Neet, you really are in the wars, health-wise - hope you can be up and about sooner rather than later!
Love your cards - the water coloured background on the blue is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Annie said...

Oh my dear friend. I am sending you lots of healing vibes for all your ailments. I love the cards.
Hugs,
Annie x #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the chiropractor and the nurse help you Neet. I particularly like the background on that second card. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Neet, you're in the wars! I hope the chiropractor can work his magic for you, almost

Julia Dunnit said...

Op, pressed publish instead of backspace! What a cheek your back going out just hen you're supposed to have your legs/feet up all the time, no cooperation there at all. I hope your chest will clear soon...I think we need to consider a WOYWW holiday abroad so we can turn our faces to the sun and dry up!! I love the cards, didn't notice the slight wonk on the white card because it's totally my normal!!

My name is Erika. said...

Yes, I do think there is more than one Wednesday in a week. Where does time go? These cards are super Neet. I like how you've addressed each of these 2 seasons. And good luck with the nurse. I hope she makes you healthy soon. :) hugs to my friend. Erika