Wednesday, 17 September 2025

WOYWW 850

It's another week gone by and I have done very little in crafting.  In other words I have done nothing new except my journal on a Thursday. If you want to see what I did you just have to scroll down a bit and you can read my story and look at my picture to illustrate it.  Each week I  plan, in my head, what I am going to do but then it never happens. 

So, this week my desk just has some blue toppers on it.  They are all old pieces of art work and I am going to make them into a set of six cards to leave somewhere for someone to find.  It's up to them whether they keep them, put them back where they picked them up from or pass them on to someone else.  I am going to try to make them more or less the same size so it will be easier for fixing them in envelopes.

Now should I make a box to keep them all in or is there some other way that will look ok?  In the past when I have left a handmade book I have either wrapped it up like a present or put it in a box.  But I don't feel cards can be treated in the same way.

I may be a bit late commenting today as I have an ultrasound appointment at cardiology late morning.  Wonder what that is going to throw up?  My chest infection seems to be on its way out too so things might be taking a turn for the better after two lots of antibiotics.  Sorry for the whinge.

Anyway, this is what is available on my desk today.  Old work but hopefully of use to someone when I get them mounted up.  Hopefully when I get to Sarah's Craft Shed I will find others who have got some brill work up.  See you there shortly.

15 comments:

Helen said...

Hope the ultrasound goes ok later! I am sure someone will love your "found art" when you leave it - the designs are gorgeous. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Mary Anne said...

Best of luck for the appointment. And those cards really are stunning. Love the hummingbird - The Hubster's granny had feeders on her patio and watching them flit about was... joyful! Happy (finally a knitting day!) WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m sure someone will love to take those beautiful cards, what a kind thought! You’ll have to leave them somewhere weatherproof though given the forecast over the next week or so! I’m glad the chest infection is clearing up, hope you’ll be up and at it very soon xx
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Neet, they may be old but still beautiful and it's good to sort through stuff like that so someone can make use of them. Just put them in a sealed clear bag so they wont be missed. Oh! and the grapes, think it was just the hot weather we've had that made them ripen as I've done nothing to them. I planted them in the garden years ago as they did nothing in the greenhouse but hadn't the heart to bin the plant. They taste quite good. Have a good woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I spy Lavinina stamps Neet, once upon a time I'dhave had no idea, I think they'll make a lovely set of cards for someone who loves handmade things but not time to do them themselves. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ praying all goes well with ultrasound result and you have a capable sonagrapher... and person to do the report. Praying too your health is on the mend.
Prayer hugs Shaz in Oz.x ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿค—

Sarah Brennan said...

Love those card toppers Neet - a lovely find for someone - perhaps tied with ribbon and put into a clear plastic bag. Hope the Xray helps with a treatment. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

kiwimeskreations said...

Your work may be old, but it is beautiful, Neet. What a great idea to make them into cards and leave them somewhere to be found - maybe put them in a cellophane bag with a ribbon around, inside a plastic bag. That way they are attractive but weather proof
Blessings
Maxine

Paul B said...

I trust all is going well with your ultrasound and that your chest infection continues to improve. I have read about an idea that creativity has seasons. You have a Summer where you are in full flow of your creative practice but it's just as important to have the Winter, where you do nothing. It's a time to rest, let ideas digest, give yourself a reset. Embrace it and enjoy :D xxxxxxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Beautiful toppers, Beet, especially the bird. I hope your health continues to improve and that the ultrasound is ok.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the idea of leaving little presents to bless unknown people. I found a handprinted rock once, and felt blessed. I kept it for a while, and then I passed it on. I am sorry to hear about your health issues, and pray you continue to do better. Thanks for visiting my blog.

BJ said...

Best laid plans and all, now our son's moving flats the day after my operation and will be coming to stay with us for the interim from 4th Oct, so it's all go here helping him arrange things....Loving the blue toppers and the "leave them somewhere for others to find" concept - how delightful. Glad you are feeling better from the chest infection at last and hopefully the ultrasound will be clear. Hugs BJ#9

Twiglet said...

Hope the ultrasound goes well for you and I'm glad your chest is better. Enjoy your crafting when you feel up to it. I've spent all day working for Max. Happy days x x Jo ๐ŸŒˆ

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Neet, I think it's entirely appropriate to wrap up a set of cards, they are going to be a fab gift, after all! Such a nice idea. I've just plonked a fat handful of cards in the bin...I had set them side for donating and suddenly realised that the silicone glue I'd used had turned stinky! I hope the ultrasound has thrown up a big fat nothing, and as for thinking up and making plans for stuff and then not getting to it....oh me too!!

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the idea of making cards with those beautiful images and leaving them somewhere for people to find. I do hope everything is okay with your scan. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Elkes Lebensglรผck said...

These cards are beautiful and I wish you a speedy recovery!
hugs Elke